Chinese Institute of Engineers, San Francisco Bay Area Chapter (CIE/USA-SF) is now accepting applications for the Scholarship Award. The scholarship award winners will be awarded US $200 dollars and a granted CIE scholarship certificate, presented at the CIE/USA-SF Annual Conference in Santa Clara Convention Center on 3/24, 2018.
Being the oldest Chinese engineering and science society in North America, and following a long-standing tradition of pursuing excellence, CIE/USA-SF has established this award program to recognize and encourage the outstanding high school students of its members. The selection criteria will be based on an overall accomplishment of applicants' academic performance, extracurricular activities achievement and the participation in community services. Each award winner will receive a Certificate of Merit and a check of two hundred dollars and shall need to attend the CIE/SF Annual Conference to receive it.
All applicants must meet the following qualifications:
- A CIE/USA-SF member's children
- Currently a Junior or Senior (11th or 12th grade) in high school
- Has never received the award from the CIE/SF Chapter before
All applicants must submit the following documents in soft copies:
- A completed application form (download template).
- A passport type personal photo (to be published in the CIE/USA-SF 2018 annual conference proceedings)
- A high school Transcript
- A personal essay (no more than 250 words) which includes information such as: honors and awards received, offices of student organizations held, extracurricular activities, community service involved, volunteer work experiences, etc.
- An information page (use the template on next page)
- (For Non-CIE/SF members only) Join membership online from HERE.
The deadline for the application is February 1st, 2018.
For 12th grade student, please send in your application ASAP for possible early decision.
Contact Person: T.C. Yang
Time: Saturday, Dec 16, 1:30pm - 4:00pm
Venue: Cadence Auditorium Building 10, 2655 Seely Ave, San Jose, CA
Speaker: Andy Lee, PhD of Stanford University, MBA of Berkeley, CEO at youngQi, Inc.
李宗恩博士，陽氣中醫院院長、陽氣健康管理科技公司執行長。李博士原為高科技創業家、高層管理人、及投資人，擁有史丹佛大學電機工程博士、加州大學柏克萊分校企業管理碩士(MBA)、台灣大學物理學學士 ，曾擔任Maitreya私募基金執行合夥人、Berksford投資與策略顧問公司負責人、EiC Corporation首席財務長、TeleVersal Systems創辦人及首席科技長，之前於AMD、Vanguard、Cisco擔任工程師及管理階層。後來因父親罹患肝癌轉變人生，積極投入醫學領域，擁有美國國際醫藥大學中醫碩士及加州針灸中醫師執照，並成為中醫經方大師倪海廈學術傳人，以臨床療效卓越著名，受邀到許多醫學機構與會議演講及臨床教學。
This program provides Engineers an opportunity to practice public speaking and formal presentation.
(1) This program align with our soft skill training program.
(2) The applicant will make a 5 minutes presentation. We prefer it is a power point presentation or a computer operated presentation.
(3) It should include the greeting, the reason of the present and the main body of the present.
(4) Please select the contents which interest most of the engineers. It could be a skill, a tool, features of a tool, a website, etc.
(5) The present will be taken place at the beginning of some of our events.
(6) Applicant needs to apply for the program and CIE-SF will review the application.
(7) CIE-SF may provide coaching.
(8) CIE-SF will video record the present and put on youtube to let more engineers can be benefited from it.
(9) After you sing up the form, CIE-SF will contact you for next step.