Job Description –Product/Process Development Engineer Job Title: Product/Process Development Engineer, Entry Level Location: Cupertino, California
Company Description: Guided by a belief that the electronics products would be an integral part of everyday life in every office and in every home, Terry Gou founded Foxconnn in 1974 with a devotion in integrating expertise for mechanical and electrical parts and an uncommon concept to provide the lowest "total cost" solution to increase the affordability of electronics products for all mankind. Today, Foxconn Technology Group is the most dependable partner for jointdesign, joint-development, manufacturing, assembly and after-sales services to global Computer, Communication and Consumer-electronics leaders. Aided by its legendary green manufacturing execution, uncompromising customer devotion and its award-winning proprietary business model, Foxconn has been the most trusted name in contract manufacturing services in the world.
Job Description: We are seeking a motivated individual to join our product development team. As a member of this team, you will be responsible for bringing products from simple conceptual designs into high volume/low mix mass production. Engaging in numerous engineering production cycles, you will work closely with multi-disciplinary groups varying from process and tooling engineers to quality control engineers and project managers. In addition to being involved in the reliability testing and manufacturing side of product development, you will also be exposed to the business and operations aspect of a globally recognized engineering company. You will conduct Design of Experiments (DOEs), analyze and suggest Design for Manufacturing (DFM) concepts, and communicate design and manufacturing concepts to other engineers and factory specialists in a clear and comprehendible manner.
Duties/Responsibilities: •Responsible for bringing products from simple conceptual designs into high volume/low mix mass production through multiple engineering production cycles. •Work closely with multi-disciplinary groups including, but not limited to, process engineers, tooling engineers, quality control engineers, and project managers. •Participate in reliability testing, conduct Design of Experiments (DOEs), and recommend Design for Manufacturing (DFM) concepts. •Communicate design and manufacturing concepts to other engineers and factory specialists in a clear and comprehendible manner.
Requirements/Qualifications: •BS in Mechanical Engineering or a similar field is required; MS is a plus. •Knowledge of product, tooling, or fixture design; 1-2 years of experience is preferred. •Fluency with CAD and GD&T is required; experience in NX is preferred. •Solid understanding of DOEs, DFMs, and FMEAs. •Exposure to plastic injection tools, die-casting tools, and sheet metal tools preferred. •Excellent organizational, planning, and time management skills •Must be detail oriented, proactive, and willing to work in a fast paced team environment •Strong interpersonal and communication skills; proficiency in mandarin is preferred •Must be able to travel overseas to China for 35-45% of the year
Hon Hai Technology Group
CAA HR Global Center
We are looking for a Mechanical Engineer to join an innovative medical device company to develop our minimally invasive spinal products. You'll use your creativity to find solutions to all the tasks we require to meet FDA regulatory requirements. You'll take ownership of your designs from concept to commercialization by prototyping, validating, discussing with suppliers, creating assembly fixtures, and supporting pilot builds with reliability and manufacturability in mind.
Job Duties and Tasks for:
- Proficient in SolidWorks.
- Read and interpret blueprints, technical drawings, schematics, and computer-generated reports.
- Confer with engineers and other personnel to implement operating procedures, resolve system malfunctions, and provide technical information.
- Research and analyze customer design proposals, specifications, manuals, and other data to evaluate the feasibility, cost, and maintenance requirements of designs or applications.
- Specify system components or direct modification of products to ensure conformance with engineering design and performance specifications.
- Research, design, evaluate, install, operate, and maintain mechanical products, equipment, systems and processes to meet requirements, applying knowledge of engineering principles.
- Oversee installation, operation, maintenance, and repair to ensure that products / machines / equipment are installed and functioning according to specifications.
- Conduct research that tests and analyzes the feasibility, design, operation and performance of equipment, components and systems.
- Recommend design modifications to eliminate product or machine or system malfunctions.
- Experience with Design and Manufacturing FMEA.
- Experience with Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) – minimum and Maximum analysis.
- Experience with Design Control according to FDA requirements.
- Develop, coordinate, and monitor all aspects of production, including selection of manufacturing methods, fabrication, and operation of product designs.
- Estimate costs and submit bids for engineering, construction, or extraction projects, and prepare contract documents.
- Perform personnel functions, such as supervision of production workers, technicians, technologists and other engineers, and design of evaluation programs.
- Solicit new suppliers and work with them to achieve engineering or manufacturing objectives.
Education and Job Experience:
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering. Master degree is a plus.
- 2-5 years industry experience in using Solidworks for mechanical design engineering.
- Compensation commensurate with industrial standards plus company stock options.
San Jose, CA, USA
We are seeking a Systems engineer working with our team helping to design, build, troubleshoot and maintain various components in our storage system. Qualified applicants will have strong background in system integration, PCB design, and testing.
- Assist in the design and development of complex print circuit boards.
- Guide layout engineers in the design and development of complex and detailed layouts.
- Check design layouts and detailed drawings
- Board bring-up, debugging, bug tracking.
- Assist with system integration and testing, working closely with the software team
- Support the development and execution of reliability, compliance and regulatory testing
- BS/MS degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or equivalent.
- 5+ years of experience driving design development from schematic capture, PCB layout and assembly
- Experience in lab and debug activities including board level using logic analyzers, oscilloscopes, etc.
- Familiarity with development in a Linux environment
- Experience with PCIe, Ethernet, SSD is a plus
- Must be authorized to work in the US
· Stock options
· Comprehensive Medical, Vision and Dental plans
· Challenging and motivating work environment