We are looking for a Mechanical Engineer to join an innovative medical device company to develop our minimally invasive spinal products. You'll use your creativity to find solutions to all the tasks we require to meet FDA regulatory requirements. You'll take ownership of your designs from concept to commercialization by prototyping, validating, discussing with suppliers, creating assembly fixtures, and supporting pilot builds with reliability and manufacturability in mind.
Job Duties and Tasks for:
- Proficient in SolidWorks.
- Read and interpret blueprints, technical drawings, schematics, and computer-generated reports.
- Confer with engineers and other personnel to implement operating procedures, resolve system malfunctions, and provide technical information.
- Research and analyze customer design proposals, specifications, manuals, and other data to evaluate the feasibility, cost, and maintenance requirements of designs or applications.
- Specify system components or direct modification of products to ensure conformance with engineering design and performance specifications.
- Research, design, evaluate, install, operate, and maintain mechanical products, equipment, systems and processes to meet requirements, applying knowledge of engineering principles.
- Oversee installation, operation, maintenance, and repair to ensure that products / machines / equipment are installed and functioning according to specifications.
- Conduct research that tests and analyzes the feasibility, design, operation and performance of equipment, components and systems.
- Recommend design modifications to eliminate product or machine or system malfunctions.
- Experience with Design and Manufacturing FMEA.
- Experience with Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) – minimum and Maximum analysis.
- Experience with Design Control according to FDA requirements.
- Develop, coordinate, and monitor all aspects of production, including selection of manufacturing methods, fabrication, and operation of product designs.
- Estimate costs and submit bids for engineering, construction, or extraction projects, and prepare contract documents.
- Perform personnel functions, such as supervision of production workers, technicians, technologists and other engineers, and design of evaluation programs.
- Solicit new suppliers and work with them to achieve engineering or manufacturing objectives.
Education and Job Experience:
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering. Master degree is a plus.
- 2-5 years industry experience in using Solidworks for mechanical design engineering.
- Compensation commensurate with industrial standards plus company stock options.
San Jose, CA, USA
We are seeking a Systems engineer working with our team helping to design, build, troubleshoot and maintain various components in our storage system. Qualified applicants will have strong background in system integration, PCB design, and testing.
- Assist in the design and development of complex print circuit boards.
- Guide layout engineers in the design and development of complex and detailed layouts.
- Check design layouts and detailed drawings
- Board bring-up, debugging, bug tracking.
- Assist with system integration and testing, working closely with the software team
- Support the development and execution of reliability, compliance and regulatory testing
- BS/MS degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or equivalent.
- 5+ years of experience driving design development from schematic capture, PCB layout and assembly
- Experience in lab and debug activities including board level using logic analyzers, oscilloscopes, etc.
- Familiarity with development in a Linux environment
- Experience with PCIe, Ethernet, SSD is a plus
- Must be authorized to work in the US
· Stock options
· Comprehensive Medical, Vision and Dental plans
· Challenging and motivating work environment
Taipei-Taiwan Nankang Incubation Center welcomes Silicon Valley startups
The Nankang IC Design Incubation Center (NKIC, www.nspark.org.tw), based in Taipei, Taiwan, welcomes all startups in the ICT (Information & Communications Technology) arena. Founded in 2003, NKIC is a prestigious accelerator/incubator and has incubated more than 40 companies, over half of which were from the U.S.
Whether you are an early stage startup, or an established company seeking to establish a presence in Taiwan, NKIC offers assistance in all aspects and at all stages, so that you may focus on creating your core competencies. Moreover, through NKIC, you will be able to enjoy the full benefits of the world-renowned ICT ecosystem in Taiwan!
Bay Area 2018 Internships
CIE-SF collect the Bay Area internship info and put on this page to help students.
Intel, semiconductor company
Facebook, social media company
Engineering, Tech & Design Internships
UBER: A global transportation technology company
Airbnb: online marketplace and hospitality service company
Palantir: Big Data analysis company
SpaceX: Space Exploration Technologies Corp.
Dropbox; File hosting service company
Lyft: Transportation technology company
Cisco: An American multinational technology conglomerate
Tesla: An American automaker, energy storage company,
Time: Thursday Oct 19, 11:40am - 1:30pm PDT
Venue: Hong Fu Restaurant, 20588 Stevens Creek Blvd, Cupertino, CA 95014
Registration: Close by 10/18 12:00am
Fee: $15 cash/person
CIE would like to invite you to join our group lunch with CIE BOD members, President, Officers and friends. During this great event, you will know new friends from different area and we will take this chance to share our experience with all of friends in Silicon Valley.
One of CIE BOD member Prof. Fred Hsia will give us a speech on the subject of Religion in All Aspects "宗教面面觀" about 15 minutes. You are also welcome to join the topic chat with Prof. Hsia.
CIE sincerely would like to see you in Hong Fu Chinese Restaurant in October 19, 2017.
Video is available : https://youtu.be/5_7yIFxj7dg