2009 CIE-SF Career Seminar
Free CIE-SF Career Seminar
Wednesday, Oct 28, 6 - 9PM, and
Saturday, November 7, 1 - 5PM
Location: ITRI, Suite 140, 2870 Zanker, San Jose, CA 95134
(ITRI USA, San Jose Office)
Wednesday Oct 28 - Chair: Dr. Joe-Ming Cheng
- 6:00 - 6:45 PM: registration and networking - light dinner/refreshment
- 6:45 - 7:15 PM: Session I Coping with Job Change. Patricia Reed, LMFT, Principal, New Hope Counseling
- 7:15 - 7:45 PM: Session II Use of a Resume in the Job Search. Ken Reed, President, TKO Phoenix
- 7:45 - 8:00 PM: Break
- 8:00 - 8:30 PM: Session III Interview to Win. Ken Reed
- 8:30 - 9:00 PM: Session IV Secrets of Salary Negotiation. Ken Reed
With the Silicon Valley jobless rate is at 12% and the actual rate among senior professionals and under-employed far higher, we need fresh ways of looking at our lives and skills.
Note: limited light meal provided, please come early
Saturday Nov 7 - Chair: Dr. Betty Chang
Biomedical and Device Industry Career Forum
With the recent economic downturn, the general unemployment rate in the Bay Area is at 12%. Unemployment rate is believed to be much higher among senior professionals with many resorting to under-employment. The healthcare industry is one of the very few sectors still hiring. The "Biomedical and Device Industry Career Forum" will discuss the prospects and opportunities in the sector. James and Steve will share their lifelong careers in the medical device industry, and Darlene, Ruba, and Chiou-Ping will speak of opportunities in the Bay Area.
The event is free, and all are welcome to the forum and networking.
Dr. James J.W. Wang, Project Manager, Accuray.
Mr. Steve S.M. Wu, Principal Engineer, Acclarent.
Ms. Darlene Forsythe, Principal, SPHR Human Resources and Staffing, People Solutions
Ms. Ruba Ruba Khenaisser, Senior Engineering Recruiter, Aerotek, South San Francisco
Ms. Chiou-Pying Cheng, Manager Financial Services, Prudential
- 1:00 - 1:30PM: Registration and Networking
- 1:30 - 2:45PM: Engineers and Medical Devices
- 1. Development of a Robotic Radiosurgery System, James Wang, Project Manager, Accuray Inc.
- 2. From Catheters, Stents to Balloon Sinuplasty: My Career Path in Medical Devices, Steve Wu, Principal Engineer, Acclarent Inc.
- 2:45 - 3:45PM: Job Search, Interview Tips and Staying Positive, Darlene Forsythe, SPHRPrincipal, Human Resources and Staffing Consultant
- 15min break
- 4:00 - 4:45PM: Career Panel, James Wang, Steve Wu, Ruba Khenaisser, Darlene Forsythe, Chiou-Pying Cheng
- 4:45 PM: Networking
Ruba Khenaisser, Senior Engineering Recruiter, Aerotek, South San Francisco
Chiou-Pying Cheng, Manager Financial Services, Prudential